My Personal Data:
Name: Bugi Kabul Sumirat
Date of Birth: September 25, 19….
Place of Birth: Jakarta
School of Environmental Sciences,
Charles Sturt University, PO Box 789,
Albury 2640, NSW, Australia.
Forestry & Environment Research & Development Institute of Makassar
(Balai Litbang LH & Kehutanan Makassar)
Jalan P. Kemerdekaan Km 16, Makassar – 90243, Indonesia
Phone/Fax: +62 (411) 554058
Perumahan Pakuan Regency, Cluster Jayadewata Blok G IX/17, Jl. Raya Dramaga, Bogor – 16116, Indonesia.
E-mail address : email@example.com
With colleagues, I wrote and published some books as follow (I haven’t produced my own book anyway):
- (2011) An antology of poetry – entitled: Bait-Bait Hati.
- (2012) An antology book – entitled: Parcel Cinta di Hari Raya with my pen name: Bugi Kamara – it is about religious experience in Ramadhan.
- (2013) An insight from different angle (Hitam putih Bogor), a bilingual anthology book, publisher: Leutika Prio
- (2014) Book entitled: Social Forestry di Sulawesi by: Bisjoe, A. R. H., Muin, N., Hayati, N., Sumirat, B. K., Wakka, A. K., Asdar, M., et al. Makassar: FORDA Makassar. [you may download the book in pdf file at: http://www.forda-mof.org//files/Buku_Sosial_Forestry_di_Sulawesi_BPK_Mks.pdf
- (2016) Book entitled (Buku bunga rampai (antology) berjudul): “Kemitraan Pengelolaan Hutan Rakyat: Pembelajaran dari Bulukumba, Sulawesi Selatan [Private forest Management Partnership: Lessons Learned from Bulukumba, South Sulawesi]. My article (Dalam buku ini tulisan saya berjudul): “Bagaimana Petani Hutan Rakyat Bermitra” [How do private forest farmers establish a partnership?] halaman/page: 91-116. PDF file of this book is able to be downloaded at this link.
- (2016) a collaborative book entitled (Buku yang merupakan hasil dari kolaborasi research project selama 5 tahun bekerja bersama (lihat postingan di atas, poin nomor 4) disintesa dan menjadi sebuah buku ini. Please enjoy reading dan terdapat pula bentuk ebook-nya): Adding value to the farmers’ trees. Edited by Digby Race and Gib Wettenhall. PDF file of this book is able to be downloaded in this link. Happy Reading.
Specific Research Areas: Social Forestry, Community Forestry, Social Capital, human capital, Agroforestry.
• (1995 – present) Social Forestry Researcher at Forestry Research Institute of Makassar (BPK Makassar)
• (2013) Board member of Forestry Research and Development Agency (FORDA) Makassar books: 1. an Anthology of ACIAR’s activities book; 2. Book of Social Forestry
• (2013) Board member of Forestry Research and Development Agency (FORDA) Makassar News publication
• (2013-2015) Research scientist on the collaborative research project FORDA – ACIAR “Overcoming contraints to community-based commercial forestry in Indonesia (code: FST/2008/030)
• (2005 – 2006) Co-Coordinator of Collaborative Research (FORDA, ACIAR, CIFOR, WWF and CSU) “Community Partnerships For Plantation Forestry: Enhancing Rural Incomes from Forestry In Eastern Indonesia and Australia”
• (2003 – 2005) Coordinator Program of Planning and Evaluation at Foundation for Social Forestry Activities of Sulawesi (Yayasan Kipas – Kiprah Perhutanan Sosial Sulawesi), Makassar
• (1998 – 1999) Secretary of Research Project at BP2KS, Makassar
• (1993 – 1994) Coordinator of analytical section at MHD Mining Company
• (1989 – 1993) Coordinator of the Mitra Medika Clinic, Depok, West Java
• (2007 – present) School of Environmental Sciences, Charles Sturt University, Albury 2640, NSW, Australia [John Allwright Fellowship Award]. Title of research: Social Capital of Farmer Forest Group in Indonesia
• (1992) BSc, Faculty of Biology, University of Nasional, Jakarta, Indonesia
• (2014, October) Training on REDD-Indonesia Popular Writing at FORDA Makassar, held by Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and Forestry Research and Development Agency (FORDA) with the instructor: Islaminur Pempasa (journalist at Pikiran Rakyat Newspaper, Bandung)
• (2014, October) Workshop on Paper – Writing, held and funded by ACIAR (Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research) at Wisma MM UGM, Yogyakarta. Instructor: Dr. Chris Beadle (CSIRO – Australia)
• (2014, August) Workshop on Scientific Writing, held and funded by ACIAR (Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research) Project FST/2008/030 “Overcoming constraints to community based commercial forestry in Indonesia in co-operation with Forestry Research and Development Agency (FORDA) at Wisma MM UGM, Yogyakarta. Instructor: Dr. Digby Race (The Australian National University – Australia)
• (2014, August) Workshop on Farmers Learning, held and funded by ACIAR (Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research) Project FST/2008/030 “Overcoming constraints to community based commercial forestry in Indonesia in co-operation with Forestry Research and Development Agency (FORDA) at Wisma MM UGM, Yogyakarta.
• (2012, October) Training Workshop on Scientific Writing at Hotel Permata, Bogor, conducted by FORDA in co-operation with CIFOR, ICRAF and IPB
• (2012, 31 March) Writing Blog Workshop (Blogshop) Kompasiana, held by Kompasiana at Menara Bank Indonesia, Makassar. Instructors: Iskandar Zulkarnaen, Pepih Nugraha and Ahmad Fuadi (the author of Negeri 5 Menara)
• (2009, November) Training on Personal Productivity at Charles Sturt University, Albury, Australia, held by Institute of Land, Water & Society with the instructor from Lingford Consulting-Personal Productivity Specialist.
• (2007) Postgraduate Preparation Program course at University of Canberra Language Institute, funded by ACIAR (Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research)
• (2006) Workshop of Social and Community Dimensions of ACIAR projects at Risata Hotel, Bali, Indonesia, funded by ACIAR
• (2006) Training of Cost Benefit Analysis at Forestry Research Institute of Sulawesi, Makassar, Indonesia, funded by ACIAR (under Forestry Partnership Project: FST/2003/025)
• (2005) Training of Facilitator at Forestry Training Institute, Makassar, Indonesia, funded by ACIAR (under Forestry Partnership Project: FST/2003/025)
• (2003) International Congress on ‘Globalisation, localisation and tropical forest management in the 21st century’ held in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, funded by Nuffic (Netherlands Organization for International Cooperation in Higher Education
• (2003 – three months short course) Leadership and Adaptive Management in Forest Environment Training at International Agricultural Center (IAC), Wageningen, The NetherlandS, funded by Nuffic
• (2001) Project Management Course at Balai Latihan Kehutanan, Makassar, Indonesia, funded by Ministry of Forestry
• (2001) English for Academic Purposes II, at Pusdiklat Kehutanan Bogor, Indonesia, funded by Ministry of Forestry
• (2000) English for Academic Purposes I, at Pusdiklat Kehutanan Bogor, Indonesia, funded by Ministry of Forestry
• (1997) Training Course in silkworm rearing, silkworm eggs production and silkworm breeding at Perhutani, Central Java, Indonesia, funded by Ministry of Forestry
Interested in being involved in several social organisations, i.e.:
– (2012 – present) Founder and Chief on Board of Linihijau [linihijau.com]
– (2012 – 2013) International Relation Chair of RCUP (Rotary Club of Ujung Pandang)
– (2010 – present) Blogger of Bogor’s Blogger Community [www.blogor.com] and Kompasianer [www.kompasiana.com/bugisumirat]
– (2001 – 2006) Reiki Master and Head of Makassar Branch of Waskita Reiki Foundation
– (2005 – 2006) Secretary of Rotary Club of Ujung Pandang
Selected articles, papers, publications:
Sumirat B. and Bisjoe A.R. (2017, 23 November). Faktor budaya dalam dinamika konflik tenurial di Kawasan Hutan dengan Tujuan Khusus (KHDTK) di Kabupaten Toraja (Culture factor on the dynamic of tenure conflict within KHDTK (forest area with special purpose) forest research in Toraja District). National Seminar of Social Forestry held by Functional Environmental and Forestry of Makassar
Sumirat B. and Bisjoe A.R. (2017, 23 November). Meningkatkan peran pembangunan hutan kota (belajar dari proses pembangunan hutan kota di Parepare dan Enrekang, Provinsi Sulawesi Selatan [(Increasing role of Urban forest development (learning from urban forest development in Parepare city and Enreka district, South Sulawesi Province)] ……..
Bisjoe, A.R., Nurhaedah, Sumirat B. (2017, 23 November). Dinamika kemitraan pengelolaan hutan rakyat di Kabupaten Bulukumba Provinsi Sulawesi Selatan…….
Sumirat, B., Wakka, A.K., Bisjoe, A. R., HB, Nurhaedah, Hayati N., Purwanti R. (2016, 4-7 October). The urgency of increasing private forest farmers capacity building towards the increasing of their livelihood: Lessons from Indonesia. Poster Presentation. Poster was submitted and presented at the IUFRO (International Multi-Disciplinary Scientific Conference) Forest-related Policy & governance: Analyses in the environmental social sciences (4-7 October 2016). Bogor, Indonesia.
Bisjoe, A.R., Nurhaedah, Hayati N., Sumirat B., Race D. (2016, 4-7 October). Creating synergies among stakeholders to support private forest: Lessons from Indonesia. Paper was presented at the IUFRO (International Multi-Disciplinary Scientific Conference) Forest-related Policy & Governance: Analyses in the environmental social sciences (4-7 October 2016). Bogor, Indonesia.
Sumirat, B. (2016, December 2015-January 2016). Smart sharing ala KTI Forum (forum for Eastern Indonesia area) & BAKTI foundation [Berbagi cerdas ala forum KTI dan BAKTI]. BAKTI News. Number 120. BAKTI Foundation. Makassar. P. 11. Soft file dari artikel tersebut dapat dilihat di sini: http://bakti.or.id/bakti-news/edisi-120-desember-2015-januari-2016
Sumirat, B., Wakka, A.K., Bisjoe, A.R.H., & Hayati, N. (2015, 7-11 September). Connecting farmers to wood market through training to support CBCF (Community based commercial forestry) in Indonesia. Paper was submitted and presented at the XIV World Forestry Congress (7-11 September 2015). Durban, South Africa and published online at FAO website: http://foris.fao.org/wfc2015/api/file/554c6e7815ae74130aee6ce2/contents/939323a3-34fc-4cc0-93c4-d59a5b16d44f.pdf.
Sumirat, B., Muin, N., Bisjoe, A. R. H. (2015, 7-11 September). The importance of identifying social capital for strengthening farmer forest groups development in Indonesia. Paper was submitted for the XIV World Forestry Congress (7-11 September). Durban, South Africa and published online on FAO Website: http://foris.fao.org/wfc2015/api/file/552e84f39e00c2f116f8eaa2/contents/465a520a-edc5-48f4-874d-4ec36b9329f1.pdf.
Sumirat, B. (2015, 11 September). Dialogues for better forests. The XIV World forest Congress Blog [https://forests2015.wordpress.com/2015/09/09/dialogues-for-better-forests/].
Sumirat, B. (2015, 9 September). Help forests “drum” the message home. The XIV World Forest Congress Blog [https://forests2015.wordpress.com/2015/09/09/forests-drum-the-message-home/].
Greenhill, M. P., Wibisono, M. G., Sumirat, B. K., Suka, A. P., Bisjoe, A. R., & Irawanti, S. (2015) Institutions Assisting Forestry Farmers: An Indonesian case study. CSIRO, Australia.
Race, D. and Sumirat, B. (2015) ‘Exploring the implications of social inequalities in community forestry: emerging lessons from two forests in Indonesia’, Int. J. Sustainable Development, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp.211–228. [Tulisan tersebut dapat dilihat di sini: ini tulisannya]
(2014, November 25) Perlu 30 tahun Memulihkan Biomassa Karbon Hutan Bekas Tebangan. Hardnews. Published at: http://www.forda-mof.org/index.php/berita/post/1920
(2014, November) Diseminasi hasil kerja menaikkan peran institusi riset. Hardnews. published at http://balithutmakassar.org/diseminasi-hasil-kerja-menaikkan-peran-institusi-riset/
Research contribution for enhancing farmers’ livelihood and forestry development in general (video presentation). By Bugi Sumirat & team – Forda Makassar.
Master Tree Grower training processes in Malleleng village (7-11 May 2014), Bulukumba District, South Sulawesi Province (video presentation). By Bugi Sumirat and team – Forda Makassar
Master Tree Grower training processes in Lambakara village (2 – 7 June 2014), South Konawe District, South-East Sulawesi Province (video presentation). By Bugi Sumirat & team – FORDA Makassar.
Sumirat, B. 2013. “Why do forestry developments in Indonesia need to enhance social capital development on farmer forest groups?” Poster presentation. Presented at the 2nd Inafor Conference, 27-28 August 2013, Manggala Wanabakti, Jakarta.
Sumirat, B. (2012, 28 June). Modal sosial dan pengelolaan kelompok tani hutan (Social capital and farmer forest group management). Paper presented at the FORDA Makassar Expose (Forestry Research Institute of Makassar). Makassar.
Sumirat, B. (2012, 28 June). Peningkatan modal sosial kelompok tani hutan yang berkelanjutan (the Sustainably increase of social capital of farmer forest groups). Paper presented at the FORDA Makassar Expose (Forestry Research Institute of Makassar), Makassar.
Sumirat, B. 2010. Community Participation in Forestry Development (Partisipasi Masyarakat Dalam Pembangunan Kehutanan). Majalah Kehutanan Indonesia. Edisi VI. Jakarta.
Race, D.,A.R. Bisjoe, R. Hakim, N. Hayati, Julmansyah, A. Kadir, Kurniawan, P. Kusumedi, A.A. Nawir, Nurhaedah, D.U. Perbatasari, R. Purwanti, D. Rohadi, H. Stewart, B. Sumirat and A. Suwarno. 2009. Partnerships for involving small-scale growers in commercial forestry: lessons from Australia and Indonesia. International Forestry Review, 11 (1): 87-95.
Sumirat, B. K., Kadir, A., Bisjoe, A. R., Hayati, N., Nurhaedah, & Purwanti, R. 2005. Forestry Partnership Profile in Bulukumba District: A Scoping Review Report. Makassar, Indonesia: Forestry Research and Development Agency Sulawesi. (Unpublished).
Sumirat, B.K. and Saprudin. 2003. Local Apiculture in Community. Research report. Forestry Research Institute of Sulawesi. Makassar. (Unpublished).
Hasnawir, A. Rizal, and B.K. Sumirat. 2002. Study of Honey Bee Socio-Economic in South Sulawesi. Proc. Seminar Hasil Penelitian Kehutanan. Forestry Research Institute of Sulawesi and Forestry Department, Hasanuddin University. Makassar.
Sumirat, B.K. and A. Rachim. 2001. Integrated Farming System with Honey Bee Based. Proc. Seminar Nasional II Perhimpunan Entomologi Indonesia Cabang Bogor tahun 2001. Bogor.
Sumirat, B.K. and Abd. Kadir. 2001. Utilization of Wood Ashes as an Alternative Disinfectant for Silkworm. Proc. Ekspose Hasil Penelitian BPK-UP tahun 2001. Forestry Research Institute of Sulawesi. Makassar
Sumirat, B.K. 2000. Posturing Gender Role, Especially Women, as an Alternative Viewpoint in Community Forest (an Overview in Apiculture and Sericulture). Proc. Ekspose Hasil Penelitian BPK-UP tahun 2000. Forestry Research Institute of Sulawesi. Makassar.
Sumirat, B.K. and A. Rachim. 1999. Basic Concept of Honey Bee in Agro-forestry System. Eboni No. 4. Forestry Research Institute of Sulawesi. Makassar.
Kaomini, M., and B.K. Sumirat. 1998. Increasing Silkworm seed Quality through Breeding. Proc. Ekspose Hsil Penelitian BPK-UP. Forestry Research Institute of Sulawesi. Makassar.
Sumirat, B.K., M. Sila, and Z. Sumardjito. 1997. Utilization of Local Honey Bee towards Enhancing Community Income. Proc. Ekspose Hasil Penelitian BPK-UP. Forestry Research Institute of Sulawesi. Makassar.
Sumirat, B.K and M. Saing. 1997. Effectiveness of Various Disinfectant towards Silkworm (Bombyx mory L.) Body of Aspergillus Disease. J. Penelitian Kehutanan Volume 2. Forestry Research Institute of Sulawesi. Makassar.
Sumirat, B.K. 1996. Honey Bee and Their Community. Fajar Newspaper. 11th Desember 1996. Makassar.